Friday, March 23, 2012

My First OGCT or OGTT?!!



Oral Glucose Tolerance Test at 100mg. Last March 23, 2012 I Had a OGCT my sis in law is a med tech and as you know Its really hard to see my vein to get blood samples but because of her it makes easy as ever. At first We all know that is OGTT because its a 100mg Glucose drinks. So my sis in law get some samples at first for my FBS, then after I finished the Glucose drink which is really soooo sweet and I can bear to drink it straight because I might throw up and its a big no no or else ill do it again.

Then the laboratory got confused why the request is OGCT knowing that its 100mg Glucose Drink for this it must be a OGTT test. Which 4 total of extractions to make. 4 blood test samples. So my sis in law got confused as well but they have to follow what wrote on the request. So when the result came out we all got worried because its too high if we will compare the normal reference for OGCT but if it will be for OGTT reference range its truly everything is ok.

Then I remember My Ob said its supposed to be 50mg OGCT but She said "Oh lets do 100mg" then probably she was not able to change the "OGCT  to OGTT" So when I went back last March 24, 2012 for haha my OB somehow got irritated and say "Why I didnt gave her a call?" which is true. I think Should called her regarding this matter...  ahihi!! My bad! ='( So She ask me to do it again?! and remember that it will be 4 extractions. and When she saw my CAS or Congenitall Anomaly Scan she said I asked you to do it a week before your visit today its kinda early, oops Then I said I just quite excited about it haha.. Anyways, I will just do it again Doc. haha!!





Photobucket

No comments: