Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Congenital.Anomaly.Scan at 24weeks






We called C.A.S (congenital Anomaly Scan) Where your baby at 24 weeks, was able to check her external and internal feature. Some mom to be are getting nervous while undergoing this kind of scan, I think all mom will get the same feeling.

As for me. I've been through this twice on my first pregnancy (with my angel Mackenzie), Why? first, it was too early to had a CAS then my OB that time ask me to rescan again after 2weeks then went well. What happened to my dear baby usually said our surgeon before it can be detected on the CAS or scan, but unfortunately, the Sonologist who took over my scan before wasn't able to detect his double bubble stomach problem, why? I don't know... that time same weeks 24weeks repeat scan says my CAS was found and everything in shape. 

Now, I'm doing my Third CAS but this time for our new baby. This time I was able to give more attention while the Sonologist is into it. I'm attentively asking questions if have one. Keep on praying that my baby is doing all great and find. Although my OB always checks my baby during my prenatal checkup and she always says "I cannot see any problem with your baby, he is doing great and find." But of Course, CAS will tell it more detailed. 

After I finished the CAS, a week after I saw my OB, She said: "I told you everything is fine because I always seeing him every time we have a checkup." Then I ask if I can do a repeat scan for another CAS for what happened to Mackenzie, gone through to a CAS but never saw a problem, she said: "YES for your peace of mind, we can do it again on your 29weeks exactly for your prenatal checkup again for next month." I'm planning to have it on Face to Face Ultrasound at the block, to check it again for another OB-sonologist, although the price its way up higher than my usual CAS (Php2,500.00 vs Php1,300.00) its ok, as long as for my baby's sake I will never have a 2nd thought of releasing that amount. I will post again my 2nd CAS after it's done. :)


I just like to take God for everything he is doing for us, for both of us. For making us safe and protected every day. Lord my savior, I will come to you every day, praying and asking for your guidance and help. For making my baby healthy, strong, complete, normal and God fearing. I will never stop praying and giving thanks to all the grace you have given me and my family. Thank you for million times for bringing this new baby in our life again. Thank you for trusting me again to be a mom and to give me a complete family in Jesus name. I love you Lord So Much... 


-Thank you, Lord, for guiding me this day. Thank you for making me strong in all the hardness and trials in my life. Thank you for continuing protecting my baby and me from any harm in this world. Thank you again for all the blessings, my Dear Lord. I love you, Amen.

Baby Dust To All...... 

3 comments:

Rackell said...

Wow Mommy! at least done ka na sa CAS, ako as per OB ko next month pa daw ako pwedeng magpa CAS eh. Kinakabahan nga rin ako eh..

iamanjch said...

Hello preggy mommy to be ! How are you sis? Yes tapos na CAS pero I asked for repeat ulit hehe I can do it on my 29weeks next month ikaw ilang weeks kana ba sis? Nakakakaba talaga pero dont worry andun din ung excitment hehe kita mo na ba gender ni baby? Godbless :)

Rackell said...

Hi mommy, wow talagang uulitin mo sya ha to make sure lang tama? Ngayon nasa 19 weeks na ko, naka sched ako ng CAS ko sa September 23.. Nalaman narin gender ni baby last ultrasound ko, girl sya. sabi ng nila ang bilis ko daw nalaman eh.. God Bless to us Mommy..