Monday, April 8, 2013

Colds, Cough and Early Pregnancy

It's summer time in Manila, and its really hot hot. As we all know, when we are pregnant the feeling is even more hotter for us. As my new ob advise me not to go out for 2 weeks for weather is not good some illness and viruses can be harm on us (with my baby). 

From the last  check up I did, since then we never really  go out like just near to our house if we just need to buy some food or something. I stayed home since then. But still colds and coughs caught me.

From April 4 I think, If I remember I catch a colds so I was so afraid it will turn into cough for its gonna be more harder for me by then. I tried some home remedy like lemon and honey, gurgle salt with warm water. They said honey and lemon is best home remedy and salt is best to fight bacteria for sore throat, for I don't like to drink medicines as long as I can make it all natural. Even my OB would say its safe. I'd rather choose the natural medicines. 

.

I've been drinking lemon and honey 2x a day for the past 3 days but like what they say, it will make you feel better but not like right away. Everytime I drink lemon and honey somehow it will be relieve but not for too long. So I need to drink again water and water and water. I usually gurgle warm water and salt every morning and before go to bed to make me feel better for how many hours and before sleep so it will make me more relax.


As my history, as you all know, I wanted really to be all the best for this second pregnancy. Even how much I wanted not to be sick like catching a colds or cough, even staying at home your not safe. Virus are everywhere specially some people you live with are going out for work and going back home after. I was so panic and quite nervous for I always think maybe it will harm my baby inside, my precious baby growing inside. So Started to search and search and somehow again, I feel more better for so far I always read like its usually normal for early pregnancy due to immune system of the mom are getting low to protect the growing baby inside. 

Here are some sites you can check on:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110910175332AAGFbWy
http://www.babymed.com/pregnancy-symptoms/cold-and-flu-symptoms-pregnancy
http://voices.yahoo.com/first-trimester-pregnancy-signs-pregnant-1545503.html?cat=70


Anyhow, we pregnant women need to take good care of our selves really. I always wearing mask whenever we are going out and my company is always tissue and some face towel to cover up. Sneezing is hard for us and cough is totally not easy but we live in a place we cannot control what out side. We just need to eat right and drink right all the time.











No comments: